Monday, December 05, 2005

Dancin' up a Storm

So for the last week or so, I have desperately been finding someone to go swing-dancing with me. I recently discovered that Albany seems to be a pretty hot spot for this; a search turned up a bunch of places between Albany and Saratoga where people could go, not just swing dancing, but also Salsa dancing, ballroom dancing.. the list goes on and on. And the best thing is, you don't even have to know how. Many places such as the Fuze Box (Central Ave) offer an evening of dancing for $8, if you include the fee for the lesson beforehand. I'll be affirming whether or not this Friday night activity still exists, and if it's any good, as soon as I find someone who also has two left feet to go so that I'm not alone in my bad dancing.

But it just goes to show that if you aren't a big fan of sports, or a big drinker, there are other things to do in Albany.

2 comments:

Hobbit said...

I'll definitely have to check that out.. I'm eagerly awaiting a text from someone who I *hope* will be my dance partner victim. Thanks for the tip!

Hobbit said...

That seems like the type of ad that would be right up the Metroland alley though!