Friday, December 09, 2005

Yay! Snow day!

Well, the time of year has come when the white stuff is dumped out upon us. Parents frantically try to find last-minute babysitters while the kids run around and scream in glee, traffic pileups on 787 and I-90 speckle the news, and some call into their jobs citing fear of crashing their cars or inability to find someone to care for our children.

However, this does not have to be the bad situation it may, to many people, seem to be. In honor of this wonderful event , I would encourage people to get out and have some fun. If you have little ones, take them sledding after work (if it's not too dark out), or, if you are fortunate enough to be able to stay home with them, bake cookies. If you don't have children, have some hot cocoa, sit back with a book when you get a few minutes by the window and read, occasionally glancing to watch the way the light gleams off of the snow. It's days like these that the beauty of the Northeast really comes out, and it's days like these that, beyond the driving, I'm happy I live in a place where we get snow.

*I have a charity event this weekend as well as some other obligations, so I will back posting on Monday. If you have to drive today, please be safe, and I hope you all enjoy your weekend!

No comments: